Some #war things I am confused about.
* Why haven't the gas pipe-lines been destroyed yet?
* Is Russia still paying Ukraine to transit gas through the pipes on it's land? Even though they defaulted on their loans? And Ukraine thinks it's at war even if Russia doesn't.
* Is Ukraine doing gas-transit work for the country that's invading it enemies, and so funding both their own defense and the aggressor's offense?
* If the pipelines were destroyed, and the transit-fees therefore stopped, and the gas stopped going to Germany and the rest, how many people would die from lack of natural gas? How does that compare to numbers of people dying in wars?
* What protects those pipelines from green terrorism anyway? They are absurdly long. They can't be guarded along their entire length. They're probably not even entirely buried, right?
A gateway into the global open conversation in the fediverse for Boing folks and anyone they know.