Pretty good day today.
Optimized loads of things in my #sci-fi #vr #animation system so now the keyframe-editing is usable even if there's thousands and thousands of keyframes. And thus was able to fixed a bunch of glitches in that V0.3 story.
Played lots of #nomanssky in vr, raiding a derelict space-freighter, exploring an underwater relic, flying around the galaxy, tending my base.
Here's a couple of screen-shots from today's #animation work. The blaster's shooting beam makes is very clear how unsteady the weapon-hand is.
Still lots of cleaning up, but I might be nearly draft-one complete.
I now own a battery speaker that I could, say, put in a backback to go busking if that should ever be a thing I wanted.
I find that because of this I can also play/program my #synth from the couch.
After this discovery, my productivity on other tasks for the weekend took a nose-dive.
I think draft-one of the car movements is done up to about 140 seconds.
That is the milestone when the first explosions happen.
They now happen as a result of the complex interleaving braid of cause an effect that these cars all trace through time, as they should. And one asshole impatient driver trying to overtake.
They also don't look *too* stupidly pointing-in-the-wrong-direction as they do so.
The tools I built to let me do that are working okay at last!
They work until I have to make the characters act inside a moving sports car anyway. There are definitely going to be more issues to solve there.
Till then: just more playing with VR toy-cars basically. That's supposed to be the fun part, so would hope for motivation to do more than three hours in a long weekend really.
#Piano skills levelled-up a bit at least.
A gateway into the global open conversation in the fediverse for Boing folks and anyone they know.